1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wing blade on louisville

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Fordistough, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Hey, I plow for the city on an island, got a new Ford Louisville 7yrd. dump, and I want to put a wing blade on it. It's basically my truck to do with what I want, anyone know anything about this? I have an old F-800 too with a junky wing. Thank you!
  2. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Maybe some pics of the old Ford would help

FORDISTOUGH, a few pics would help to see what you want. I think i know what u want to do. you want this style set up?

3. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

No, I was thinking of that new style where the toe is elevated by a hydrolic cylinder pushing a cable. I don't think those are to popular yet, but I saw on a while ago. This is because I do not want the rail for the toe to stick up like most do. Do you know what I am think of?
  4. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Well FORDISTOUGH. i'm trying to help, and i think i know what u want to do to your truck. You want a front wing post(hydraulic), and a rear wing post(shelfing)

5. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

--Good Diagrame--I think? the Two lnes on the Rear--represent whats commonly called Push Poles?--two differant sized Pipes slide together w/ aSpring in between to Assorb Shock!--w/ Both front & back controlled by Hydralic Rams--w/a Sliding Block able to Run UP & Down the Towers--WE have used FRINK Plows on 800 Fords & other Make Med Duty Trucks for yrs Now--Good Rugged Units-that Out last Our Trucks w/ Normal Maintanace!--& WE have a Walters Snow Fighter w/a Frink V-Plow & double Wings!--a Real BEAST--a Plow Truck w/a Wing can DO a lot more Work than ONE w/out One!--& a Wing is a MUST in Plowing roads of any Distance!--as a WING can cut & Push the Top off of Snow bank left by your front Mole Board & give YOU room to Place the next Snow Storm!--commonly called WINGING BACK!--& the Driver should be Familure w/ the Area!--& know! where? any large Rocks & other Un-movable Objects are?--as ONE HIT--can Ruin your Day!--last Storm We had a New Grader driver that HIT a Large ROCK! & completly Destroyed the Wing on a New Champion Grader!--& its NO This Fault!--that Large ROCK was coverd w/ a ft & 1/2 of Drifted Snow--the Regular driver had been Plowing for 26 hrs streight!--as We all realize S--T happens!--the New Grader driver has 18 yrs Experance in operating Graders!--& in an hour in Our Shop the Grader was Back Plowing!--as Thats LIFE in the Plowing Business!--Ole JIM--
  6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

New or Used?

Do you have a setup lined up? If not Steve down in Limerick might have what you are looking for.Worth a phone call.Tell him Allan White sent you, should get a laugh out of it.