1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing Angles - Factory Extension 30º vs Pro Wings 22º

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by twservices, Dec 15, 2015.

1. twservices

twservices Junior Member

Have a BOSS Standard Duty plow and would like to put wings on it to speed things up. The price difference and mounting style are big factors in consideration. However, the BOSS extensions are angled at 30 degrees while the Pro Wings are 22 degrees.

I'm guessing the difference is negligible for the handful of residentials I do, but at a church lot I do a lot of windrowing. Will the 30 degree angle of the trailing edge with BOSS extension cause problems with the snow sliding off the plow when windrowing? And if so, is it noticeably more than the 22 degree of the Pro Wings?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I use the boss wings. there build very well.
    they can carry a little snow when windowing slowly.
    but speeding up a little seems to cure it. they send the snow up and over well when you adjust your speed a little.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

How easily do they come off? My western wings come off in a minute. If I have a lot of windowing I'll remove the trailing wing.
  4. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

i do mostly large lots with long passes, i have the boss wings on my arctic 8ft poly, the trailing wing does make much of a difference.
    The wings make such a difference i don't think I could plow with a straight blade anymore

the wings come off really easy, the are abit big and heavy so during a storm i leave them on in the city.
  5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

It takes longer to walk up to the plow from the cab than to take BOSS wings off.
  6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

For what they are the Pro Wings are worth the $$ but they dont hold up as well as a factory set IMO.