1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

windshield wipers crapped out on me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by senor plow, Jan 4, 2001.

1. senor plow

senor plow Junior Member

During saturdays big blizzard nor'easter (3 inches here), I could see my wind shield wipers on my 84 full size jimmy start to slow down and then completely stop. I would turn them off for a while and turn them off after a couple of minutes and they would start up and kind of work for another few minutes and then they would stop again. They finally stopped completely and I was plowing with no wipers for like 2 hours. Thank god I used rainex on my windshield. SNow and water just beaded right off. What should I do to fix my wipers. There is no snow or ice around them now, so thats not the reason why it stopped. What do I do now?

snow showers expected this weekend.

P.S.
    I just added about 400 pouds of sand in the back to get better traction

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like your wiper motor has gone south. I would try replacing that first. How old is your truck?

-Tim

3. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

same thing happened to me while i was plowing a neighbors driveway......but it was just an ice build up. I guess it was just a rookie mistake because i didnt clean around them before i started.

4. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Member

DEFINITLEY THE WIPER MOTOR......