1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windshield wiper problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RandyS, Jan 18, 2006.

1. RandyS

RandyS Junior Member

I have a 2003 2500HD Duramax. The passenger windshield wiper stopped working this last snow storm. How do you take off the whole arm so that we can check out the damage? We took off a 1/2 inch nut but can't get it to budge from there.
    Thank you.

2. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I take these off everyday(glass man)..Open the hood and with your fist bang on the part near the hinge point near the bottom(about 4-5 inches from the nut).sometimes it takes 4 swift hits, and if that doesnt work get something to pry(sm prybar)from the bottom near the contact point on the stud apply some pressure up on the wiper arm at the same time use a rubber malet and hit that hinge point 4-5 inches from the nut.usually it takes a good hit once or twice..but try with your fist first, remember sometimes it takes a few good hits, u wont break the cowl (plastic)unless its 10 below out.lt me know if this works out..

3. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

You have to pry on the very edge of the wiper , if you go too far under you'll catch on the stud that it goes on . I used a large screw driver , lifting on the wiper at the same time.