1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

windshield washer fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OBRYANMAINT, Dec 23, 2002.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

found some at wal-mart for .75 a gallon( bought 16 gallons)

seen any better deals out there?

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

bought rain-x deicer windshield washer fluid for .25/gal. my dad works for a parts distributor and they had a misorder and it was cheaper for their supplier to let them keep it at no charge than to pay to ship it back. got 4 cases of the stuff with 6-1 gal jugs in each.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Thats a wicked good deal. I have no idea how they do it for that. My father owns two gas stations, and he got a tractor trailer load of it last year, and he sells if for $1.89/gal. I think you got a huge deal, and got it less than what they buy it at wholesale.
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I usualy buy it by the case @ sams $4.99 a case of 6 or roughly 80 cents each.

5. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Hey White=Green

How well does the RainX de-icer work? I have used their standard windshield stuff w/ good results only if I follow directions. Very important to remove the haze after application and not get it onto the wiper blades. My buddy tried the RainX de-icer once and said it was horrible, almost accident causing from the streaking and smearing. He had to apply many coats of ammonia and Windex to his window and blades to clear things up again. Perhaps a bad bottle?
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

The stuff in the bottles can be horrible on some windshields.I used it before and had good success,until one vehicle which probably had a very old pitted windshield.I had the same smearing and streaking and it was dangerous to drive.I tried everything to get the crap off,but no luck.Since then I haven't used the stuff in the bottle.

Recently,I tried some of the Rain-X De-icer windshield washer and it work quite well.Similar effect as the Rain-x,de-ices pretty well,and no streaking.I run it year round now.If you don't use it for a while the rain-x stuff eventually wears off the windshield.

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

hanvent had the chance to really try it on a heavy frosted windshield yet. as for now it works as well as regular washer fluid for just cleaning the windshield.