1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windshield Vibration?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by beneb, Dec 15, 2015.

1. beneb

beneb Junior Member

I've got a 2012 Silverado 2500HD CC. I had my plow on a week or so ago when there was some whispering of a snowfall and noticed some rather annoying vibration type noise that sounded like the windshield was vibrating in the corner. Almost like it was a bit loose or something. I heard it mostly on the passenger side lower corner, but noticed it on the driver side once as well. Only heard it when driving around town with the plow on. As soon as I took it off, haven't noticed it since. Anybody ever experience this?

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Check the plastic trim by wind shield could be turbulence from plow. Might need to glue it down.

3. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Was there ice on your wipers mine makes that noise when ice gets build up on blades especially passenger side.

4. beneb

beneb Junior Member

It was nice weather out. I thought it could be at first, but too warm-no ice.

I'll check on that trim. Thanks

5. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

It was not my truck but our explorer was doing same thing had my wind shield guy glue it again. BOOM! No more noise