1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windshield-- Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN21157, Jan 2, 2003.

1. PLOWMAN21157

PLOWMAN21157 Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    Here is my problem. 1999 F350, just put on new wiper blades 2 weeks ago. Problem is I have this streak about 2" in width that goes across the windshield, almost looks like a greasy substance being spread back and forth. I have cleaned the windshied, cleaned the wipers with rubbing alcohol. I don't know what is causing this, but it is right in my line of sight. I know some of you guys have to have some good "home remedy" to solve this!!
    Thanks in Advance!!!
  2. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Double "00" steel wool would work . JUst make SURE its not any coarser. I have used it for years and we even used it when I was a prep guy at the Ford dealer. Works great for bugs as well.
  3. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

I have always used a product called BON-AMI , its at the grocery store , next to the comet and other cleansers . Dont use anything but bon-ami , they will scratch your windshield. Bon-ami will not scratch but will get all the grease , road tar and "gunk" off the winshield , your wipers will work like the day you bought the truck . I would do that then change you blades again.
  4. PLOWMAN21157

PLOWMAN21157 Junior Member

I knew you guys would come through for me! Thanks Alot!
  5. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

I have also used Bon Ami. Works pretty well. Like firemedic said, don't use Comet, it scratches.
  6. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

like the others said already, bon-ami. ive used it for years on all my trucks and it works great.
  7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I have also used 00 steel wool on truck glass to remove adhesive glue from stickers,doesn't leave a scratch!
  8. johngus

johngus Senior Member

In my Jaguar dealer we have a screen paste made by jaguar.it's the best i've ever seen.it goes on like a wax and cleans exceptionally well.If you have a local dealer pick it up or send me a message and I'll see if I have extra to send to you.i also use rainX after cleaning for the untimate wiper operation.
  9. Icefisher

Icefisher Junior Member
    from Pa

If anyone is in a real bind some night try a can of
    Coke, (not Pepsi) high acid, let it sit a few min.
    does pretty good not as good as bon-ami
    but should get ya through the night.
    If it dont work your out sixty cents.....