1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windshield or Blade flap?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by skamaniac, Nov 13, 2009.

1. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

Which works best for keeping snow out of your face? Or both?

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

windshield works awesome as it is powder thast hits yeah and melts quickly making you cold and wet imo
  3. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Both would work best. Windshield is a couple bucks and the flap can be almost free. In fact if money for a windshield is an issue just buy some thin lexan at a plastic supplier and fab up some brackets from flat steel and u-bolts.
  4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I had a windshield on my quad. I personally didnt care for it. When the snow hit it it didnt come off I had to keep wiping it off. And me being so tall sitting down on the quad the cold air went right over the windshield and hit me right in the forehead haha.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  5. Blademasters

Blademasters Junior Member

If you had to choose...

The flap works best, but I have both and love it. My windshield also keeps wind off of my hands and instruments.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Both would work the best. But if your only getting one get a wind shield IMO. I have one and it helps out a ton, it you can duck behind it and all the snow stays out of her face.
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

If I was you I would get a flap then get handguards thats what I did but I didn't get a snow flap. I might get one on this new plow.
  8. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I have a windshield and flap, but if its snowing....you still get snow on you.......haha....

hey EatMyTailPipes...you have any closer pictures of your plow frame, I'd like to see how you did your frame and springs, and mount, as it looks a little different then most..I always like seeing peoples different ideas...thanks!
  9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya I do snowman. I built the push tubes and stuff myself. The plow itself is from a farmall tractor haha. Here are some more pics I can take some more if you want. I just bought a 60" arctic cat poly plow that I am going to begin using this year. It will be lighter for the quad, less strain on the front end.
  10. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

thanks for the pics, just wanted to see push tube design so those worked...another idea to toss around!