1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windshield area rattling noise with plow on?????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peterk800xc, Feb 18, 2007.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I have an 04 Silverado with an 7.5 Boss straight blade on it.I just started getting an annoying rattling from around the lower winshield area.I think this is wind buffetting the plastic cover under the wiper.Has any else noticed this? If so how can you correct it?Thanks in advance.:confused:
  2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

If you have a bug deflector check that. I had a rattling/ticking noise that sounded like it was coming from the windshield and it ended up being the deflector tapping on the hood. I used velcro to hold it firm against the hood and it took care of the problem.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That does seem to happen sometime's on the HD's, seem's to be mostly with the straight blade's too. And your right it is the wind buffeting the plastic cowl cover. Also,do you have a bug deflector? Sometime's just changing the position of the blade will help but I've had good luck with removing the cover and placing a few dab's of silicone under the cover to act as cushions in order to tighten up the cover.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  4. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I was going to say bug deflector too. I get that on my Sierra.
  5. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Had the same problem, turned out to be my deflector was changing the wind against my window. They had to reseal the sides of my window under warranty. The service guy said it is a big problem. My truck is also a 04.
  6. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Thanks guys! No bug deflector but will take it in to the dealer as its still under warranty and have them do something with this.
  7. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

When I had my 01 the noise turned out to be the rubber flaps in the corners that caver the hood hinges.
  8. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Its The Little Rubber Flaps Covering The Hood Hinges !!

Both My Hd's Have Rattled !

I Just Deal With It !
  9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My 94 did it all the time. Angle the blade and it will stop, It's the wind snapping. Somes silly but I think it changes with the windshied wipers on as well.