1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

windows, up or down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley hauler, Mar 2, 2005.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I thought about this while reading another tread, I find myself plowing with the window down no matter what the temp is, asked a few of my buddies and they do the same. So how many of you guys plow with the window down.
    :confused: :rolleyes:
  2. wddodge

wddodge Member

Drivers window mostly down, pass window down an inch or two, heater on as needed. Good oldies or country on the radio
  3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Window always down...
  4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

window down, country on, heater as needed.. Thats to only way to plow, in less its super cold
  5. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

always down

TEEJAY Junior Member
    from NE PA

Always down with defrosters on full blast!
  7. Ian

Ian Member

1/2 and 1/2.

Down for driveways and close clearance work.
    Up for larger areas.
  8. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Windows up roof vent open in the out position, xm satellite radio playing whatever i'm in the mood for!
  9. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Always down because sometimes when the windows get condensed, you have to reach out and squeegee them becuase you only rely on using the mirrors when backing a dump truck up. I rad once on Boss's site under plow tips that it wasn't good to plow wiht your window down, well heck, I have yet to hit something so....
  10. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Make this a poll

Window(s) Down. Heater Cranked!! And some good old counrty music. Thats the only way to go. ;)

Good call wddodge
  11. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

driver side down,pass side 1/2,defroster on full blast.
  12. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Dark windows all the way up with the stereo blasting and the straight-piped engine on the rev limiter (5400 rpm)!!!!!! Just kidding, windows cracked to hear horn honking of an unseen car.
  13. mattyd

mattyd Junior Member
    from ct

Always windows down (country on), but after reading that almost everyone else does, my question is why? I am trying to figure out why i do and I cant.
  14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Driver's side always down. I also put anti-fog on the inside of the windows so if they are up, they don't fog over.
  15. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Driver side all the way down, pass side open a crack, defrost/heat on as needed.
  16. Sparky925

Sparky925 Member
    from Mass

Windows down (vent shades) AC/DC cranking out Highway to Hell
  17. 4speed

4speed Member

Down untill I look over and see snow on the p/w,p/l,p/m, switches. :eek:
  18. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Windows down except if there are any low branches for snow to fall off.
    Also the other night I had it up and I went to look out the window and well I banged my head wow did that hurt (I'll keep it down :dizzy:
  19. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

Drivers side down 3 reasons.
    1 windows are less likely to fog.
    2 I can swing my head out when backing up(only trust the mirrors a little) and my rear windows are tinted so I can also when I look at the Drive side mirror it is un obstructed.
    3 I can hear much better (truck performance, other vehicles)
  20. windows down. However, depending on if snow is blowing in one of the windows, I'll roll that one up and roll the other down more. I adjust the heat as necessary.