1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windows get messy when driving with plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MikesLawns, Dec 5, 2008.

1. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

I have a 99 p/u and a 04 dump and I noticed when the roads are wet, driving with the plow on the side windows get all the mess from the plow. I have to stop at my accounts and clean them all the time. Does anyone have a solution to this problem ? It's only when the plow is on.

2. M Runner

M Runner Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Try plowing with your windows down. That should solve your problem. :)

3. jml416

jml416 Junior Member

did you try RAIN-X

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Try a set of the vent visors. I had them on my truck and it kept them fairly clean. Make sure if you get them clean the area EXTREMELY well before putting them on. Otherwise the tape will lose its stick and they will fly off. Kinda funny watching them fly off at 65 mph down the highway

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I got them on my truck, and to be quite honest, they dont do squat for that problem...... I just usually have my window down cause I smoke so mine do not get too bad.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure what type of blade you have but try adjusting the angle of your blade. I find with our V blades if we run them not all the way in the V, our windows stay cleaner.

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

its even worse plowing with the f550 9' x-blade, not sure whats so different over my dodge but i can't see squat out the windows after a very short time.

no magic formula, just have to keep cleaning them,:gunsfiring:

8. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Straight blade I have no problems but with the wings on whatever way the blade is angled that window gets destroyed with slop. I use RAIN-X and it does help.

9. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

dirty windows problem cure buy and older 70s-80,s chevy no problem.Them newer trucks are purposely designed that way so u cant see out.n then the more vehicles can wreck-up n then the dealer can sell more trucks.n then who likes headlite that collect snow and DONT MELT with the lights on.U can be seen and u cant see with lightscovered in snow old trucks wit real headlights melt snow go figure..,.

10. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

eI agree the 97-99 chevys that I have got more salt and gunk build up on the side windows than noramal, my 01 did not. I always thought it was the body change, but now that Sydenstricker mentioned the vent visors, I would have to agree. The vent visors I have on the 01 start on the side and go up and over the top. Its not the type that just sit on the top. BTW my 06 super duty's glass is so scratched right now (from going up and down during a storm with sand and salt on it) that I'm thinking of replacing it.