1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Windows dont work...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by odd1or2even, Apr 5, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I picked up a new trailer in GA and drove it back to Philadelphia but my windows stopped working. I checked and replaced the fuse and that wasn't the fix. Any other ideas? My door locks work but not the windows...

2003 F150 5.4L Super Crew

Steve

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Hi, my name is Andrew & Windows 7 was my idea!

...LOL :laughing:

3. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Is it just the four switches on the driver door or will none of the switches on the doors work?

4. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

None of the switches work (4). Now my interior lights don't work so I'm going to look into the fuses for that as well.

5. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Well, Im not sure why your interior lights are not working now....but as for the windows, one idea that I had is that you have a master window switch in the driver door. All the windows are routed through that, so maybe that has gone bad. But with the interior lights going bad maybe you have a bad relay or fuse block in your Battery Junction Box. Do you have a 12V tester? Basically you will just need to start probing back from the switches to find out what is not getting power.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a cut wire in the harness going into the door