1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Window Vents?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Feb 21, 2006.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

OK, so I got a set of window vents for my Chevy. I had the truck in the shop for some other work, so I thought that I'd just have the guys toss them on. They tried it and said that they could not get the driverside one to work and the passenger one worked fine. I don't even know if they really tried them or not, but at anycase no big deal. Does anybody have any advice for me before I attempt to put these on? They are the ones with one clip and the go on the inside of the window molding. They seem to be easy, but if the shop couldn't do it...:dizzy:

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I had problems with the in-channel window visors in my first truck. Ever since, I just get the double sided tape one's you put on the outside. They're a heck of alot easier.:salute:

3. Chevman

Chevman Junior Member
    from NE PA

You can use those kind but there is a little trick to get them to work properly, the problem is when you put the window up the glass catches the visor so what I did on my dads truck was took a drumel tool and with the small grinding stone I ground a angle on the visor so the window would not catch it on the way up, seems to be working fine, just take a little at a time until the window no longer catches it, good luckwesport

4. DeereFarmer

The window will catch it when they are made for the truck?:mad:

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I run nothing but in channles and have no issues. I had a pair on my OBS truck(98) and they worked great. Loos better than the stick ons too and the stickons seem to lose hold after awhile

6. DeereFarmer

Well, I have always liked the in-channel ones. When I got my beater ('95 Ranger) they were on it and they are great. I can pull on them and bounce the truck (or is that because it is a Ford????). I was off roading with it one day hanging my head out the window. I hit a rock and smashed my head into the vent and it cracked a little, but did not brake off... now that is quality!:nod:

7. Chevman

Chevman Junior Member
    from NE PA

on some they do catch the window, thats probably why the shop you had it at did'nt put them on for you, that little trick is all you need to do, after all they mold only about 5000 of those things a day so sure some of them will get a little screwed up but no big deal to fix, :gunsfiring:

8. DeereFarmer

If it does that it is an easy fix. The shop said that they could not get the weatherstripping off of the door. I took it home, heated it with a hairdryer for a few minutes, and popped it right off. I think it was getting to be a late day at the shop and they did not want to deal with it, but that's me.;) I have heard that it need to be 65+ degrees to install these, is that true? I have also heard that the hardest part is getting them to fit into the mirror-sail.