1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

window sticker

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Aug 23, 2005.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

is there way i can see what options are on a truck with a vin# ?
  2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

yes, go to any site, ford.com, gmc.com or chevy.com put in a search of the type your looking for and it will locate a dealer click on the dealer inventory, click on a truck they have then some where on the page will say view window sticker gives you every option that truck has plus the vin I know this works on the gmc website good luck
  3. PLOWMAN45

its a used 2005 hd 4x4
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

CHRIS............If its used look at the RPO list thats on the bottom
    of the glove box. It will have the codes.

I suppose your looking for a plow rig and heres some codes that will
    be important

VYU..........Plow prep
    G-80........Posi, limited slip.......

Go to http://www.gm-trucks.com for a full RPO list
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Head over to dieselplace.com. About half way down there is a section called VIN Requests Give them the VIN and they will run it and it will show all the options plus and service work done.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

a local GM dealer can run the vin and print the build sheet for you direct from the GM database.
    DC calls it a "code 11".
  7. PLOWMAN45

there isnt anything on the web i have to call the chevy dealer
  8. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Don't waste your time asking GM online - I did that a few years ago and they said they had nothing in any public site. They sent me a useless link to a forum that had only a few of the codes listed...

I searched myself and found the car ones on one of the LS1 sites a few years ago so one of the Chevy truck sites probably has all of the truck ones... (and they overlap so G80 is limited slip on all GM models car or truck..)

The parts department has the RPO code book too and they'll share them without the sales pressure of going to a salesman...

Good Luck..
  9. PLOWMAN45

I found the info i needed purplebou :redbounce :bluebounc