1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

window regulators

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ff11979, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

does anybody have experience in window replacement?

my problem is: i took all the "guts" out of my doors awhile back to do some resto stuff, i paid close attention while disassembly and everything went back together ok, but i cannot get the windows to roll up and down properly. they keep coming out of track. to roll up the window i have to roll it up about a 1/4the way, manuver the window into the track and then i can roll it up, its a troublesome task, and it sucks. ive tried several times to fix the problem with no luck, i replaced the regulators but that didnt help either.

any advice would be appriciated, thanks.

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

the regulators are not the problem you need to adjust the track. this is a common problem.(i used to run a glass shop).

3. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

the track on the door? i was certain that was in a fixed position.

4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

oh no they are far from fixed. there is alot of adjustment to be had by loosening the bolts the hold the track and moving it around.

5. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

ok, i will try that and see. thanks.

6. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

What kind of veh r u talking about?..it sounds like the front part of the glass isnt in its front track. make sure it is in the weatherstrip before u check the rear...

7. ff11979

ff11979 Junior Member
    from alabama

the truck is an '84 K10.