1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Window/Door leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrodgers, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

I have an 05 2500hd and I was wondering if anyone has ever had a leak in the door or the window. I have been having water on my drivers side floor and I'm not sure where it could be coming from. I had the door panel off and it was wet inside but Im not sure how it could be getting in there. Anyone else have this problem?

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I don't have a problem with water leaking in but I have a problem of the side windows frosting over. I can't seem to find the leak either. Have you tried taking a cup of water and slowly pouring it over the door seal?

3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

My floor was wet for a while, turned out to be the gasket where the wires go thru the door. There is a large black rubber flange on one side that fits tightly over a plastic flange on the door frame. The water would roll down the side of the truck and right through the loose gasket.

door pic.jpg

4. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

I'll have to give those things a try. Not sure but I think it might be leaking at the extend able mirrors. Thanks though...Jeff

5. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Jrodgers,

Check you private messages.