1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

window cable

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t.i.b, Feb 21, 2010.

1. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

the cable that makes the window go up and down in my 02 2500hd snapped today. anyone replace one of these? looks like a pain. where would be the best place to find one of these?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Local car scrap yard. Google, eBay, froogle..…maybe. Craigslist,
  3. Replace the whole regulator. Even if you can find just a cable, good luck putting it in.
  4. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

good call. i didn't realize it was all 1 unit till just now thanks.
  5. I think Dorman makes them. Call your local parts store. Only use the dealer as a last resort.
  6. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I got one for my Yukon on ebay. You can also check Rockauto.com or gmpartsdirect.com. Both places have decent prices. The one I got was Dorman.
  7. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

The window regulators are a definite weak link on Chevys. I have put in 2 driverside and 1 passenger side so far. The first one I bought through the dealer, the second 2 from NAPA at half the price. Smoking is what killed them, I kept trying to roll down the window when it was frozen to ash my cig. Quit smoking and haven't put one in since. One more benefit.