1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wind whistle on '02 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Joel B., Sep 21, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I just noticed the most annoying noise from my truck. The noise is a high pitched "whistle" or "whine" that starts about 35 mph and increases as you go faster. I was driving today into a wind and every time the wind gusted, the noise got louder.

I have been hearing a "creaking" from the pasenger side when traveling at highway speeds also. Could my windshield be loose?

Thank you for any advice,

Joel B.

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Have someone sit in the passanger side to help figure out exactly where it's coming from.
    Could be a window or door seal.

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Do you have a bug deflector??
    They make a lot of wind noise when driving.
    Try pulling it off and see if the noise goes away.
    Just my thoughts,
    Mark K

4. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Joel

I know of many other Chevy's that they found loose weather stripping on the front windshield that made wind whistle.;) I would check that first. Dealer will reseal it for you for free as they know that their has been some problems.

5. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf Junior Member

OHIO SNOW hit thenail on the head. ame thing happene to mine whn it was new. Dealer took care of it right away! 2001 2500hd DURAMAX/ALLISON

39,000 miles and still loving it

6. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

I just put a small line of clear silicone along the windshield and the noise went away on mine.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Turbo whine maybe?

8. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

whistle

This is definitely the windshield seal. I and 4 of my other friends who have Chevy's all had to take our trucks in to the dealership to get it fixed. Not sure what causes it, but all of us went to 4 different Chevy dealers and all of them said "This is just something that happens on all of the Chevy trucks. We probably have 10-15 trucks at least that come in here each month with this same problem."

9. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

My 00 Silverado 2500 does this and its not the windshield. My door weatherstipping is loose on both side and I get a significant whistle when on the highway...just pushing the seal upfixes it. I really ought to crimp it down so its fixed permanently.

10. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

My back rack was making a whistling noise as well, just something to check out if you have one. I cured it by putting a 4' whelen edge on it:D