1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winch strapping

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Mossy517, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Mossy517

Mossy517 Junior Member
    from SE PA

May I ask where you guys are getting your strappping for your winches? Or do you have an idea of a good place to grab some?

Also how are you attaching it to the "spool" of the winch? Just getting it started and letting it double over on itself??

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i would go to harbor freight and get a ratchetstrap and just eliminate the ratchet 1/2 , the other end will already have a hook on it and just double it over like you said your only using a couple feet at a time for plowing and the one i have is an easy 10 feet so it would still get ya unstuck if you hook up to another wheeler.
  3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I used the Warn strap that is actually made to lift the plow. It came with the old Warn electric lift actuator. It is Warn part #68191 and includes the "D" ring, it is $21 @ Montana Jacks. Plowed 4 storms so far and no issues. I attached it to the drum with duct tape and wound it up, keeps tight with no problems.

4. hghgrad

hghgrad Member
    from MI

Mine is an old ratchet strap. Works pretty well so far. I cut the end down far enough to slide through the set screw.

5. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I keep hearing about this "set screw"... there are no set screws on Warn ATV winches...at least not my RT30.
  6. irv

irv Senior Member

got a 20 footer from northern tool and cut it in 1/2. duct taped it
    to start anstarted wrapping . havent even needed to rewrap it
    all winter. dont get a thick one. 2" wide seems to spread the
    load nicely--
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  7. Mossy517

Mossy517 Junior Member
    from SE PA

Thanks guys, found some on McmasterCarr. Going with 2" wide Ultra Abrasion-Resistant Nylon Core strapping
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I bought a ratchet strap at a auto parts store that was laying in the "all items $10" bin. Cut it to fit and walla. :)