1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winch question

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by gobblet, Nov 28, 2009.

1. gobblet

gobblet Junior Member

Just had Polaris 2500lbs winch installed and one-way 60 inch plow. Question is: the only way I can get quad and plow on trailer over the top rail of trailer is to hold the in button on winch control until line stops coming in. At this time winch flex's down slightly and suspension is pulled downward. How much if any damage am I doing? Is a winch meant to flex upward or downward?

If I stop winching when plow frame hits bottom of mounting plate, the plow is not up enough for loading.

2. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

question isnt very clear

3. gobblet

gobblet Junior Member

How about this... winching in until wire does not move anymore with button on,and guide rollers flexing downward. How much damage am I doing?

4. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

maybe some damage is being done to the winch mount- this could lead to cracking/bending of it. As long as the winch mount is strong and you see no damage it should be fine. just make sure all your bolts are on tight

5. gobblet

gobblet Junior Member

Forgot to add, this maybe done 20 plus times a week depending on snow fall. I'm really more concerned about burning up winch.