1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WillThis Hold Up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DAZ982500, Oct 14, 2005.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I have a ST-7.5 MYER Plow on my Dodge 2500 5.9L.I will be plowing about 12 driveways confirmed at this time a small lot 12 cars and the front of a machine shop.More work may come along once the snow flies and when people answer ads and respond to flyer distribution.The plow, like the truck is a 1998 I it purchased last year.Since this is a residential plow I am a little concered that it one, it may wear out quicker, in fact I am sure it will and two, it will fail with this type work load.I have E-47 pump if I was to upgrade what would be the best option and second would you suggest sitting on it until it fails then replace/or fix.Can't predict the future but my guess is in time more work will come my way.Thanks Dave.
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

it should be fine as long as you take it easy and dont run it hard. the e-47 pumps are tough and reliable. just be nice you the equiptment and it will serve you well.
  3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

For what it's worth, I have a similar set up (7.5 ft plow with the E60 pump) and I did alot of commercial lots (p-lots and a couple offices) and some driveways, and had absolutely no problems with it.

I just had the pump rebuilt last week and I think I'll be in good shape this year too. Like was said, just take care of it and don't beat on it more than necessary, and you'll be just fine.
  4. ght1098

ght1098 Member

I plowed with a ST90, the older version of yours for about 10 or 11 years. I did 5 commercial lots and about 40 driveways with it, it held up just fine. Remember to change the fluid and keep up with maint, it should last you quite awhile.