1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will Western Plow Fit?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by earlplowman, Jul 10, 2007.

1. earlplowman

earlplowman Junior Member

Hello there,
    I looked at a Western Plow tonight that I am considering buying.
    It was purchased new in 1996. It's in good shape (visually) but could not see it in operation as it was not mounted. It is a 7 1/2' minute-mount unit that came off a 1994 Chevy 4X4 (not sure what model)
    Will this plow fit my 1997 Silverado 4x4? Are the frames identical? The seller thought that they would be. I'm checking.
    Excellent condition, complete, with paper decal still on back of blade. Seller wants $1,500.00.
    What do you think?
    Your help is greatly appreciated.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it looks to be in nice shape and not excessively rusty or worn, it's probably worth the asking price. The mount may fit your '97 as long as the '94 it came off of was a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton 4X4. However, if the two trucks don't have the same headlight type (both composite or both sealed beam) you would need to purchase a set of headlight adapters for your style of headlights.