1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will V-Plow wiring work On a straight blade?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jrlegacy23, Nov 28, 2015.

1. jrlegacy23

jrlegacy23 Junior Member

I have an 06 Dodge 2500. I got the full wiring harness, 4 port module, and fish stick from a truck with a V-Plow. I am running a 7.5' MM straight blade. I am having issues where it the plow is not working at all off from the controller, not even running the motor or anything. I have tested the motors, solenoids, valves, and have checked the wiring 3 times. I had a friend of mine that is good at wiring check it as well and said it all looks good.

Is there a chance that I can not use a V-plow harness and controller on a straight blade set up?
    Thanks in advance

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Depends on which plow and harness you have. Are both 3 plug units?

3. jrlegacy23

jrlegacy23 Junior Member

Yes, they are both 3 plug units, but I am unable to power to the relay/solenoid to activate the pump. Also appears no power to solenoid valves.
    I thought I read a while ago that the the V-Plow set up would not work unless you had a multiplex (something like that) set up or two separate harnesses.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

OK, the straight blade is 3 plug, right?

The Vee only has 2 plugs,right?

What made you think it would work?

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You need an adapter for inside the cab to from the round v control to the square straight control and then also a straight control

6. jrlegacy23

jrlegacy23 Junior Member

Nope, look at the post above yours. They are both three plug. They both hook up with the same 11 pin harness connectors. The only difference I see, is that the V uses 7 of the 11 pins, and the straight uses 3.

I have the square straight control already sitting in my garage, and may be able to pick up a square wiring harness cheap. It just seems like, what I have there should already work. Must be they are not interchangeable.

7. If you have a 7 pin control harness the only plow that will operate is an EZV. The vplow controller won't work on your straight blade. You need to get the short adapter that plugs into the round connector in the cab and then you use your straight blade controller. Then it will work.

8. jrlegacy23

jrlegacy23 Junior Member

Perfect, thank you. I will do that.