1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will Ultramount brackets work for a new style Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by got-h2o, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I was wondering if anyone actually has done this. I know FOR SURE Blizzard mounts will not work with Western Uni/Ultra conversion b/c we tried it. Goal was to lower a Blizzard conversion kit with the Western conversion drop brackets and it wouldn't work. It was the middle of winter and I honestly don't recall if the plates just wouldn't bolt up to the Blizzard kit, or if they wouldn't fit into the Blizzard mount itself. The Blizzard mounts have a wierd shape up front so I think that was why. It seems that Ultra brackets would work with the Blizzard conversion though. Has anybody actually done this, and not just assume it will work, like I am?

I can actually figure this out in a week or so when I get a truck back from the trans shop. I just wondered if anyone knew in the meantime.

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

what year make and model ?????? usually it is just the cross member that is the issue they are in different locations other wise the same

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm talking post DD mounts. The new style PH2 ones. The conversions are all the same, and the truck brackets look like Ultramount brackets minus the receivers.

99-04 SD is what it's going on. We tried the opposite swap on a Dodge, but that really wouldn't matter.

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

the ford mounts are the same except for the crossmember location blizzards use a push beam version while westerns use shoeboxes

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It seems in the pic that everything is identical, aside from that the Blizzard ones look a little taller and possibly not as deep where the receivers/conversion goes. That's my concern. If you pull up both half size you can look at them side by side and see it.

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

yep same mount but the center bar is different so they dont co mingle but got new blizzard in a western box the other day lol!!!!!!

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Friggan DD. God forbid they do something easy......................or intelligently.

10. gbtl

gbtl Member

mounts are same. adapter plate different. i have a chevy mount for sale

11. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

they are made at same place just different location of cross bar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.