1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will timbren's act as a lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Snowplowkid, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Will timbrens act as a lift. I have a 07 1500 silverado 2wd. I was just wondering. I want to install them to help with the sag in the front anyways. Thanks

2. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

No it won't. You need a spacer lift.

3. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

why is the front end of a 2wd sagging ?

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

...sag?...you mean the factory stance of the 2wd where the nose is lower than the rear? Timbrens wouldn't help.

http://www.readylift.com/c-122-new-kit-silverado-1500-2007-2010-2wd-4wd-6-lug-225.aspx

Curious, do you tow with the truck?

5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

timbrens will lift the front on half tons. Not much, but I could tell when sitting in it the front was higher.

6. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Its just the natural weight of the front end just like most newer trucks. Right now I have 500lbs in the bed and it sits just about right and wondered how I could keep it that way after I take it out for the spring/summer. A 2in lift is about as much as I would want if I went that route but I'm looking to spend no more than $400 max.

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

torsion bar front end? just crank them up or get new keys

8. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I would lower the rear to match the front. Should also be cheaper to lower the rear than raise the front.

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

If his truck is NBS its coil over...

Its really not the weight that gives the truck the rake, its the way GM designs them. I believe that GM once said that the rake is a weight-bearing assistance rake. So, when you place a load in the bed, or a trailer on the hitch, the truck then levels out.

Also, within the link I provided above, that company offers a rear block to give the rake back when paired with the front leveling kit.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  10. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

Use the Truxx system.

11. lowazztruck

lowazztruck Junior Member

you can lower the rear to match perfect. pep boys sells drop shackels for like 30 bucks they are easy to install. and if its still to high you can remove 1 leaf in the rear springs

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

It shouldn't, there should be NO difference in the suspension height without any additional weight on the front end as they are installed to only make contact with the stop when additional weight is applied, i.e. plow.

13. 911tech

911tech Junior Member

You can just buy a leveling kit online. They have front coil spacers and rear blocks. That would give you about 1.5-2 inches of lift. You will also keep the factory ride. I would always advise on going a little higher than lower. Just google Chevy leveling kit and your sure to find hundreds of places that sell them. They are usally only 150.00-250.00.