1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigLebowski, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Junior Member

I started a post in the equipment for sale section and it seems this is a diamond plow. I'm look for verification but more importantly will I be able to buy a mount for my97 dodge 1500 truck if one doesn't come with it? If so where? And do you have one?

2. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

This isn't the exact info you are looking for, but I think it might be helpful.

I have a 95 dodge ram 1500.

The head gear I have was from a gmc.

What I did was get a dodge under mount for meyers quick release system. It uses two tubes for the lift frame to go into. We then weld on tube to the gmc head gear so that it would insert into the undermount. The undermount already comes with the mount to hold the plow a frame.
    Its not the most elegant solution, but if you can weld or have a friend that can, it makes for a pretty cheap solution.
    Meyer does make a mount that fits the 1500(solid front axle), its the same as the 2500. They just don't advertise it as being for the 1500 because it doesn't meet there minimum clearance guidelines. I believe my ram is at stock height(or even sagged a little), I don't have any clearance issues. However if I went off-roading it might be an issue.
  3. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

The blade looks to be an old two spring Meyer ST-90, The pump is a Meyer E-47, The mount looks like an old Fisher speedcast.
  4. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Junior Member

swa that is pretty good. I decided not to buy it.