1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mweb250, Oct 10, 2014.

1. mweb250

mweb250 Junior Member
    from midwest

I have a 2003 silverado 2500 with a older snoway wireless control plow that does not work. I am looking to replace the snoway. I also have an older fisher minute mount SEHP plow that is not being used but still works.

Will this work, buy fisher push plates to mount plow. hook up old fisher wire harness to control only the plow functions. Then remove working plow lights from snoway and mount on fisher plow. The lights on the snoway seem to be independent of the plow. On the snoway, there is the main power plug, and 2 light plugs, one for each headlight. I believe they turn on when connected (even if the main power cable is not hooked up), however I have to double check.

Will there be an electrical problem if I only hook up plow wires to battery and solenoid and leave the headlight wires unused?

Thanks for any help.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the fisher a two or three plug?Does it have a power plug and another harness? Or a power plug,three plug harness, and a nine or eleven pin harness?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'm thinking it's a 9 pin, relay set up.

4. mweb250

mweb250 Junior Member
    from midwest

Fisher plow has 2 wires. 1st is Pos/neg from plow motor to batt with a solenoid and 2nd is 9 pin harness.
    If I did this, the truck would now have 4 wires. The 2 for the fisher and 2 light harness' from the snoway.
    I think it should work. I just want a second opinion so I don't fry some electrical stuff in the truck.
    Thanks

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You can use the Fisher lights as well. All you need to do is add a switch and a relay.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There is no reason you can not use the Snoway lights, having both harnesses won't hurt a thing.

7. mweb250

mweb250 Junior Member
    from midwest

Thanks for the help, I hooked plow up this morning and it worked great.

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Nice job, always good to see ingenuity at work.