1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will this work?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by LoneCowboy, Jan 23, 2011.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

looking for a jeep to put a plow on to do small (tiny) lots and make a resi route machine out of it.
    things are seriously overpriced.
    what I want (from this and other forums) is a 97-03 TJ 6 cyliner automatic, hard top.

What I've got a line on is a
    97 TJ 4 cylinder with a stick and a softtop BUT it has a damn near new Boss plow on it.
    and it's cheaper than most of the above before having to put a plow on it.

I can fix the softtop/hardtop issue.

I think i can live with the 4 cylinder issue (can I?)

but I worry about the stick.
    Am I going to hate the stick? (more importantly is my wife, it's going to be her plow vehicle, she's not really a stick person, she can, but she's meh with it)

figure we're looking at a 5 grand savings here.
  2. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

No problems with my 4 cylinder, and I don't mind the stick. Left leg can get a little tired, but I like it. Plus, maintenance costs are cheaper too to replace clutches. etc.
  3. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

if the price is right buy it. i let one slip thru and i regret it now.
  4. punisher2010

punisher2010 Junior Member

I have had softops on my 97 and have not had any complaints so far,the tj has a hell of a heater oh and i have owned that same one for 11 yrs this march....never has let me down so far. mine has the 6cyl ,auto was going to plow with it this year but for now i am using my 1ton chevy 8 foot western,totally overkill for my contracts,but the deal was to good.....next year jeep tj plow all the way