1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will this work? lift kit- my way

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by turbo5560, Feb 24, 2010.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

so just asked about getting a leveling kit and got some good info. But this is what i am thinking now. I found that i could get anywhere for a 2-6" inch spacer for the front. My idea would be to do a 3 or 4" spacer in the front and then a 2" block in the rear? Would this work or would it screw with the drivetrain. I know it will each up u-joints more often, but anything else I should be aware of? I'd put new shocks in too.
    If u have done this, could u post some pics. Mine will be going on a 2005 3/4 ton

Thanks in advance!

2. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

it will mess up drive train big time.

3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

two things... you have any pictures of your truck? wondering what mine would look like with the 2" on it.

also, saw in another thread that you stated your fuel milage went down. It went down with this updgrade?

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

3-4" will be too much for your other stock suspension parts. You'll need drop brackets, longer shocks, etc....2-2.5" max with stock components.

5. CaptainSmokey

pics coming camera is being gay:cry:

6. CaptainSmokey

heres 2 pics i just took of the truck since the plow is not one it right now. this is witht he 2 inch procomp leavling kit and pro comp 2-3inch lift shocks parts numbers from summit are: for the leavling kit- PLC09101 and the shocks : 926553 it was like $220.00 with shipping
    Also my fuel miliage did not go down only with the plow on. with out plow on i can get about 19-20 mpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

thanks for the pictures! you def think that i need to do the shocks at the same time?

8. CaptainSmokey

i recomend it .

9. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone had issues with the front ends bottoming out with the blades on?? My 06 2500 has been doing more and more frequently, so much that I am thinking of putting a set of supercoils on the truck. Sure looked good on the 2nd gen Dodge on a post in the recent past. Has anyone used them on a 3rd gen??

My only fear is going too high for the 5th wheel trailer. Hate to have the truck sit nice and the trailer at an angle...