1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this wire harness work on new truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mass1589, Sep 28, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Will the wire harness on a 2000 nbs gmc sierra work on a 2010 nnbs gmc sierra. It is the four port, three plug wire harness. I kno i need new push plates but i was hoping i could reinstall the witeharness and joystick over to the new truck....

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the 2010 would have the new H13 lights instead of HB3/HB4. you can reuse the main part of your wiring, but would need the 29070-1 3port module and a 29400-5 harness kit. should total about $300.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

2000 to 2010 swap

Your kinda in the same situation as Timrev8 except you have the negative common (99 to 02) headlight harnesses that would have to be reconfigured, then you would be able to use the Fisher 29458 HB4 to H11 adapter and get out of it pretty cheaply. Where in Mass are you located?

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Winchester

5. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Have you done this beore to a truck.... Its fr my father inlaws truck. He is goin to look at it this weekend sooo if he buys it we will be taken out all his fisher setup

6. buddymanzpop

Yes, it's the Fisher headlight harnesses that get reconfigured not the truck wiring harness.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Ok i will let you gus kno if he makes the deal this sunday or not!! Thanks for the help

8. buddymanzpop

As I think about it on the 2010's both the high and low beams are on at the same time when high beams are activated, if so you may need another relay harness also, this harness will prevent both plow high and low beams being on when truck lights are in high beam mode. It's part #28027-2.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012