1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this Sno Foil Poly Deflector Kit fit my SD Plow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NYH1, Jan 23, 2014.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

It says it's for a 7.5' HT Series Snowplow. I have a 7.5' SD Series Snowplow. I know the hydraulic/lift systems are different between the HT and SD Series Snowplows. Are the actual plows themselves different? Could I get this Sno Foil Poly Deflector Kit to work on my 7.5' SD Snowplow?

Here is the link to it-
    http://www.zequip.com/store/69660-fisher-snow-plow-deflector-kit-poly.html

Does a Sno Foil Deflector Kit keep a lot of air from getting to the radiator while driving?

Thanks, NYH1.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Or you could do fisher part number 283, which is for a 7'6'' SD or HD. Its a steel deflector. Makes the blade taller and keeps snow off the windshield.

4. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

The nice things about the HT Sno Foil Poly Deflector Kit is the looks of it and the price. I don't care for the rubber flap type deflectors. I don't need one bad enough to spend the kind of money they want for the steel one.

I'll have to look at a HT plow and see what the difference is between it and my SD plow. Maybe there won't be to much involved in making it fit.

Thanks, NYH1.

5. xjjeepman

xjjeepman Junior Member
    from CNY

Did you ever figure out if the foil kit would fit? Im facing the same dilema