1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will this setup work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 05ctdqcdrw, Jan 9, 2010.

1. 05ctdqcdrw

05ctdqcdrw Junior Member

i have a buddy that has a mm1 9ft plow and the truck that i have has a mm2 setup on it now would i be able to run the mm1 plow on the setup i have on the truck now or would i have to change the wiring be cause i also run a 8.6mm2 v plow once and awhile when needed thanks for the help guys

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

v plow and staight plow have different controllers and control harness'( how many wires on the mm1 plow?)

3. 05ctdqcdrw

05ctdqcdrw Junior Member

two wire setup on the mm1

4. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

The MM1 Original wiring will not work with your setup unless the plow is rewired.. Or I suppose you could always make your own adapter to make that work..

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Plow wiring can be had for under $100...simple to do, all plug an play.

6. buddymanzpop

Can you run a straight blade off a v plow setup? It seems he has a MM2 V plow set up, or maybe I'm reading the original post wrong.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if you have v plow yes you can and just need a std controler and plug adaptor. then keep both in truck and have fun.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup, SweetK is absolutley right. This is how I set my truck up. A 7 pin harness will run a 3 pin straight blade. The part number for the adapter is 21792K, and if your not going to use his controler then you'll need a 9400 controler.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  9. RepoMan207

from Maine

After thought: I should clarify, so long as you have the Ez V plow (3 plug setup) and NOT the Extreme V (2 plug setup) this WILL work.

The parts you'll need to convert the plow over is:

26359 3 Pin Control Harness ($60 New)
    26347 11 Pin Headlamp Harness ($100 New)

You can go used for around $100. If you do end up going used, and need the instructions to install them, just PM me. There fairly easy to figure out though.

10. buddymanzpop

Nice picture, you learn something new everyday, thanks.

11. 05ctdqcdrw

05ctdqcdrw Junior Member

yes i have the new mm2 setup on my truck now for the v plow but his 9 foot is the mm1 style and from what it looks like all i need is the adaptor from what i get out of the posts

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

So long as he has a 3 plug setup....but you already said he didn't...

If that's the case and there is only 2 harnesses, then he was running the plow off a relay system in his truck, and you would need to convert THE PLOW to a 3 harnesses setup and also get the adapter for the cab.

If he was running it off a Module setup in his truck, and it's a 3 Harness setup, then your right, you'll only need the adapter.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010