1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this plow fit on my truck?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mkwl, Aug 8, 2010.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Will this '03 Meyer from an '03 Chevy Diesel fit on my '06 GMC Sierra 2500HD?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure will Matt, '03-'07 classics are all the same.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Ok cool!

How hard are the meyer's to wire into trucks like mine?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No more or less work than any other popular brand really. Meyer wiring isn't as "integrated" as the DD stuff you're probably used to but the procedure is still the same so it should be something you're equipped to handle.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Ok- any link to install instructions?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it an EZ-Classic or MDII/EZ-Plus? Any idea what year it is and which pump it's equipped with?

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Not sure as of yet- will probably know tomorrow.

I've heard that Meyer aren't known to be the "best of plows" is this the case?

This would be a back-up plow only, at least for the next 2 years.

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's an EZ-Plus with an E57/E58 pump. Definitely could be an '03 model. Not a bad buy for the asking price since it does include the correct truck side hardware you'd need. I can dig up the related paperwork if you're seriously considering it.