1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will this plow fit my truck

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wnyplowman, Dec 27, 2007.

1. wnyplowman

wnyplowman Junior Member

I have a 1989 chevy silverado with a meyer plow,the truck has seen better days,so I am going to try and put it on my 1994 dodge dakota.
    does anyone know if this will work,what is involved,or is this plow too big for the truck,thanks

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if its a 1500 and ur moving it too a dakota its probably way to big the dakota would need the smaller width lift frame and plow

3. wnyplowman

wnyplowman Junior Member

yea thats what I thought but I just wanted to use what I have,well I guess ill sell this one,thanks

4. KGRlandscapeing

give me the details on ur plow i am lookin for one

5. wnyplowman

wnyplowman Junior Member

I dont think you would want this one,it also has seen better days,the blade has a couple rust holes in it that need patched,everything else works but its just an old plow,I just use it for my driveway and my sons driveway

6. KGRlandscapeing

if the price is right i can find another blade. and if u think its that big of a pice of junk y put it on ur other truck.

7. wnyplowman

wnyplowman Junior Member

its just old,could use another blade,the pump,and angles all work,I am currently laid off and dont have the cash to get another one,is why I wanted to use this one,I think ill end up just selling the truck and plow together,and just try and get some of my money back.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

If its the light 7.5 stl model or the little heavier st 7.5, you probaly could custom mount the thing on your dakota. Do up some ballast and some front suspension stiffining you should be good. everyone says it's to big, but I think I could put a 8.5 footer on my f-150 and be just fine. With all the weight I run when I'm plowing...I just don't see 200 pounds making or breaking my truck. JMO

98 F-150 4x4 w/timbrens
    Meyer ST-7.5 (w/wings soon)
    POS Troy Bilt Storm 1130