1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this MEYER setup work?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bikeluver43, Jan 5, 2005.

1. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Hello, I have a 1994 F150 4x4 that I want to put a plow on. I found in the local want ad's a guy who has an older MEYER plow setup (minus the blade). It was originally mounted on a 1984 F150, and is an electric/hydraulic setup. I still haven't seen it yet, so I'm assuming its the older style mount and not an EZ Mount. Will this bolt up to my newer truck? I have a blade already lined up if this will work, so your input is greatly appreciated.

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I am 99.99999% sure it will work. I put on a setup for a friend this fall. The setup came off a 84 f150, and we put it on his 97 F250. We had to drill a few extra holes, but it turned out ok. The 94 might even have the holes needed to mount it.

3. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Thank you thats the response I was looking for. I actually just got the same response from a MEYER dealer-he just said he was almost 100% sure it would work except I would have to drill a few wholes. Now my last question- would a minute mount Fisher from an 84 F350 work on my F150?

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

The A frame should mount up to a newer mount. I have an older plow, bought a tube frame mount, or lift tube, and you pull up to the plow, hook up the chain, lift the plow, and put the pins in the mount and away you go.

5. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

How about a Fisher?

Thanks for all the input. I've just come across the old conventional style Fisher mount w/plow. The guy is selling everything as a complete setup off of his 86 F250, would this bolt up to my F150 also-with some drilling? Sorry for being a pain, but I'd like to know as this setup is cheap!!

6. fieldday

fieldday Junior Member
    from Wi

Never Mind...

The 150 will not handle that plow.

Get the 250 along with the plow.

Did you notice all these plows are coming off 250s?

Did you ask yourself why?

The front sprngs on a 150 barely handle it's own weight.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  7. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Thats fine and all but my truck isn't primarily used for plowing, so I'm not going to sell my truck to buy a truck that has springs sturdy enough for a large plow. I know the 150 can handle a 7'6" plow and be fine. Worse comes to worse I'll buy air bags for the springs, or air shocks. I'm going to be using this for driveways, and to make a couple extra bucks-not my prime source of income or work.

8. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I had a 7.6 on my 88 bronco. I put in 2" lift springs on the front, and it worked great.