1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this isolation module work on my truck???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by WheelerandSon, Nov 3, 2009.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

My truck is a 2001 2500HD. I bought the mount and the isolation module from a guy who had the same truck but his was a 2004. He told me that he checked with his western dealer and that it would work on my truck. The mount will work, but my western dealer says that they dont think his isolation module will work with my truck.

It is a 4 port isolation module. Here on the numbers on the module itself (not the wiring)

Service PN 27781
    PN 27779 BD 04229

Ryan

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It has the light green label? You can make it work but you need to reconfigure the headlight harnesses. Refer to the Western website in the mechanics guide.

3. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Western,

Yes, it is the light green lable. So what you are telling me is that I will need to change out wires 3 and 4 on the isolation module for wires that are for my truck???

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

No. You will have to reconfigure those wires in the harness. There was a change in the truck wiring for GM from 02 to 03.

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

WheelerandSon, just went through this with my truck, I'm not sure but a couple wires need to be moved around in the plug ends. I don't know if this is right or not but I switched around the headlight wires and got lights. My truck is in the shop right now but I'll post pics tomorrow and maybe one of the guys can confirm right or wrong on what I did.

6. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

what is all the difference between white lable, yellow lable, and green lable iso mods? The one i bought used for my 01 2500hd has the green lable. i also have another 4 port iso mod with a white lable that came off my 98 Ram 2500. is there a better one to use for my chevy???

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There configured to certain trucks to put it simply. It all depends on how your manufacture configured there lighting system when designing and building there trucks.

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

This is what has to be done for that iso mod to work on your truck. I have the same one as you on a 02 gmc. By looking around it looks like our trucks should use a 3 port instead of the 4 but I'm just going by what Repoman had or has on his truck.

Just need to know the best way to change it.

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

He can use a 3 or a 4 port, doesn't matter.

In regards to B&B's quoted post, when you run out your headlight harness to your vehicles lights, there is two connectors to each side, one plugs into your vehicles existing light connector, and the other plugs into the actual light, If you look closely on the connectors, there marked "A" & "B", depending on which side your looking at. This is because there reversible to accommodate "positive common" & "negative common". Not sure which is right for your truck, but if the lights don't work when you plug the plow in, go back and reverse which ever way you plugged the connectors in to correct the issue.

I hope I didn't lose you there. :dizzy: If I did, run a search, B&B & Crash commented on one of the many threads on this subject in detail...I think there is photos too.

BTW, my 3 port came of a 07, and my truck is a 02. It'll work.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  10. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Thanks so much. I'll try it.

11. x.system

x.system Senior Member

My plugs don't look like they are reversable so I pulled the wires out of the low beam plugs, switched them and reinstalled. Now I have all my lights but another problem came up. My blade will go up and down fine but doesn't angle either way now. I've got 1 grey wire on the drivers side that is not attached to anything.

12. x.system

x.system Senior Member

False alarm, I had a loose connection, went through and made sure everything was tight and taped up exposed connections and everything is working like it should.