1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this hold?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Stud Bro, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Had some free time today so i built a frame to hold my ballast in the back of my truck. NOTE i just scabbed this together it's #1 in production so looking for advice if this will hold. Also was wondering on how much weight i should add i have a 8'2" Boss V with wings and the truck has a 7.3L diesel any advice would be great thanks.

Frame.gif

frame in truck.gif

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like alot of extra work... Why didn't you just cut a 2x6 to fit in the slots in the box sides?

3. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

That would of been way to easy plus i dont have really deep pockets and i was afraid that a 2x6 wouldnt be tall enough, or would pop out if i ram a snow bank, or trip the plow

4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

That's sorta the point......

You could easily stack up a few 2x4's cut correctly into those slots behind the wheel wells.

5. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

I dont see that thing going anywhere. It will hold just fine!

6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I would add two eye rings to the top or just over the height of your bags and anchor the rack with straps to the rear bed tie down hooks. Should be adequate in all but a major impact. It is good to see people concerned about securing the load.

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

strong as nails or screws

I think that should do fine. but if you really want to be sure I would add a scrap of plywood to tie the brace to the main 2x4. But since you are in construction I'm sure you built it well.

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

looks good to me, the only problem i could see is it bouncing up at the back and the ballast then sliding under it. Maybe strap it down some how or secure it and it will work great...