1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will This Fit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Tomc, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Tomc

Tomc Junior Member

Hey guys, I am going to put together another truck and wondering if the frame widths are close. I have an old Meyers mount off '71 Chev 3/4T and can get 86 Chev 3/4T. If going to fab new mounts I'll just go ahead put it on 88 Ford I already have.
    The Chevy is an hour away and the guy can't physically get out to measure. Thanks Tom
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

There is a diference in the frames, how much i cant say exactly. I know the 69- 72 frames are the same and then from 73-87 (for the pickups) or 73-91 for the blazer/suburban. You will have to do some fab work to make it fit but it will be eassier than fabing it to fit a ford.
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Outside I have two Western plow mounts, one is for a 1971 Chevy, the other is for the '73-80 setup. If I get half a chance and the weather holds I will take a few measurements for you this afternoon or tomorrow. If I remember they are very similar in dimensions.... If I'm not mistaken I also read somewhere that the disc brake crossmember and front assembly from the '73-80 bolts onto the '67-72 trucks, but have no way to verify that... but if its true the architecture must be very close...