1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will this fit

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by nightshutter, Nov 29, 2010.

1. nightshutter

nightshutter Junior Member
    from Zone 5

I have the possibility to get a plow for cheap. Its off a f150. I have a 3500 dually. I assume i just need different brackets for my truck? if the plow is more narrow will this cause problems? any input is much appreciated.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know about the bracket part, but you will definatley want to add a set wings to the plow to make it wide enough to clear your rear wheels while angled.
  3. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

yes, the truck will constantly run over the windrows when turning when the plow is too narrow, however a set of wings will fix this within reason, say u got a 8ft plow and need a 9 u can do this
  4. nightshutter

nightshutter Junior Member
    from Zone 5

Thanks. I should of gone into more detail about the brackets. its off a chevy I believe. I have a dodge. I would just need different mounting brackets?
  5. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

You'll need different brackets, and likely adapters for your wire harness or a new wire harness for the lights. If it were me, I'd call a local dealer for the brand you're looking at and tell them what you have and what it's off of and they should be able to quote parts and labor. If you want to do it yourself you can just get a quote for parts from them.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

you WILL need a new mount or a very good fabricator