1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will these hide aways work

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Superior L & L, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

ftp://www.rustrepair.com:24/snow/pg4-5.pdf
    they are on the top of page two

To all the light experts ! will these work good for me or am i being too cheap. It said 45/wattts per sec. But thats it. not a whole lot of info.

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

They seem to be a no-name (probably no warranty) brand, with a low brightness power supply. You're better off going with something better like Whelen of Fed Sig, not to mention, you can get an entire Whelen 90Watt kit with 6 bulbs for less than that price.

www,vlsusa.com

3. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Well, if it is a 45W power supply and its splitting that wattage between 4 bulbs thats only 11W or so per bulb, so it won't be very bright. I also think looking at the wires used to hook up the tubes that the quality of the kit is low. Also from what I understand you get one flash pattern, quad flash.

Thats my .02 cents.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Go for the Whelen 90. That is a nice setup.

5. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

I agree 100% with blueline. i bought a 90 watt whelen kit 4 years ago from vls and its still going strong and bright. also, vlsusa.com has always been the cheepest on the 90 watt whelen kit and they are great to work with.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Are you guys talking about the Whelen S690 Its about two hundy are am i better off with LEDs
    Thanks for all the info and help by the way

7. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

yep thats the kit. its a csp690 power supply with 4 clear strobes and 4 cables to hook them up with all for the low pice of $190

http://www.vlsusa.com/cgi-bin/vlsusa/S690CCCC.html