1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will there be a new 4500/5500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sven1277, Dec 29, 2010.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

When I start replacing dump trucks, I am switching to a class 5 for load carrying capabilties. I have been hoping now that Kodiak lineup is defunct, GM will beef up the frame and components on the current 3500 and compete directly with Ford and Dodge. If not, I think after always owning Chevys, I will be switching to Dodge.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i wouldnt hold my breath. gm sold hummer/ allision / med duty truck line / dumped pontiac / and down sized a lot of other stuff.

and my buddy is getting a new truck soon. had to order it cause every one on the whole east coast had black interier. he wanted light gray. thay are making cookie cutter stuff now.

3. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I doubt it In own two and I got a letter from International saying that they are making a truck line similar to the 5500. The Chevys are the best trucks I've own, very little problems with my older one (2005). I don't think I'll buy an International though, I think I'll be going over to Peterbilt for my service trucks.