1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will the wideout be another western.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by elmo1537, Aug 29, 2007.

1. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

If you dont already know the new wideout is westerns version of blizzards infamous plows. The big question is will the wideout flop like the tornado did when it was first introduced or did western use enough blizzard technology to make it work from the start.
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I don't think anyone else has yet commented on this topic, but you might take a look around the rest of the forums....:rolleyes:
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Ive seen some of the Fisher wide outs and here are some of the things I saw, the cylinders that push the wings out were too close (IMO) to the mold board, you couldnt even see any light between it. I would think if you hit something hard and dent the mold board your gonna kink or crease the cylinder. The wings I believe will not trip only main plow (ouch). And if I remember right the hoses were very close to being kinked in a few spots when angling left or right.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

where are the pics?:confused:

pictures forum:rolleyes:
  5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Picts were posted after the NTEA show back in March. A quick search will turn them up.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I remember a number of problems with the original Blizzard when it came out. It was sold on ebay and there were a number of people around me who bought them and I watched as one by one they broke down that first winter. Not bashing Blizzard it is the same with any new product.

Will the wideout from Fisher and Western have kinks? Sure, but the both make good products and will refine them until they are great. This is why they bought Blizzard.

I have not heard any issues from the newer Tornados. They seemed to have solved all problems that had come up. Time will tell.
  7. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Look on the western website they have a bunch of stuff there
  8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

He means that this is the picture forum, you should have put this in the Western forum.
  9. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Not to argue but the tornado has only had one season of nothing but problems how can you say that they have worked the kinks out. Most of the upgrades never even showed up until April. I think this year will be the year to tell if all of the kinks have been worked out.
  10. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I know of three Fisher versions that had the upgrades in after the first storm here in January. After they saw much improvement and the owners (friends of mine) told me with a little fine tuning they were spreading as fine as their other v-boxes.

Maybe Western had more problems that I did not hear about. What we saw here was the machine not able to move with a fully loaded hopper and associated problems.with belts etc. The upgrade seemed to solve this.
  11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  12. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

this is in the Western Discussion forum now