1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will the smart touch II power on without the plow hooked up?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mdscarpa, Nov 27, 2010.

1. mdscarpa

mdscarpa Junior Member

I just took my boss wiring from my 05 Chevy to my 06 Chevy and wanted to make sure it worked before I dragged my plow out from storage because its packed in tight and I didnt want to get it out and find out there is something wrong with my wiring. I plugged the controller in and turned it on but nothing lit up. I checked the two inline fuses as well as the fuse in the fuse panel that the wiring taps into and they appear fine. Does anyone have a Chevy who can verify if the controller should light up without the plow plugged in. Thanks.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The controller should light up as well as click the under hood solenoid when certain functions are pressed even without the plow attached. Sounds like you don't have either power or ground on the harness or at the controller plug. Time to recheck your work and get the test light out.
  3. mdscarpa

mdscarpa Junior Member

yea, no power, ended up finding it a few mins later. I switched everything in a rush and somehow hooked up the small power lead with the inline fuse to the wrong side of the solonoid... quick fix. thanks for your help though.