1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will the Plow to heavy and hard on it?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dodgeguy4x4, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Dodgeguy4x4

Dodgeguy4x4 Junior Member

Iam new to the site and i was wondering i just got a 2001 dodge ram 1500 off-road with 70,000 and was looking to get the blizzard 760LT because its in my price range and seems to be a decent plow. I was wondering if the weight would be to much and if plowing around 35 driveways and 10 parking lots will be more then it can handle. Also for anyone who has this plow let me know what you think of it and if $2900 installed seems right? Thanks

Dane

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Don;t know about the price, but the truck will handle it. It's fairly light blade. You may want to add Timbrens later to help with the spring sag from the weight which happens to all trucks with a plow.

3. moosey

moosey Senior Member

The truck might handle it but the front end won't. The ball joints will go out and the track bar also. I plowed with my 1500 and have replaced my ball joints 2x and track bar once in 3 years. Just my .02 cents worth on it.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

That's normal for almost ALL plow trucks- dodges eat track bars (all models of Ram, especially the Diesel's)