1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will the Kage fit on a Boss plow?

Discussion in 'Kage Innovation Snow Plow Systems' started by Snow Picasso, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Has anyone tried fitting the Kage on a Boss blade or any other blade?

2. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Yes, its one of the few plows that will.

3. Snow Picasso

Are you sure about that? Have you used one before or seen it done?

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I contacted Kage a few years ago when I got my boss skid steer plow. The saleswoman told me yes. I have also seen it in a video demonstration that Kage put out before. I don't know if they still have the video because they sell their own plow now for the last few years so I am sure they want to sell the whole set-up. For now I use the Boss wings since they work best for my applications.

6. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome. Anyone get a price on just the box and brackets?

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL, there is never a dull moment on here! I called Kage a couple weeks ago and like they said.....yes it will fit. You will need the brackets and drill several holes for those brackets to fit the plow. The price I was quoted to fit an 8ft BOSS skid steer set up was 1800.00 plus shipping and I think that was 346.00. So IMO, if you already have the blade set up buy just the cage end of it. I think if you were to buy them separately you would still be a few hundred bucks ahead.

8. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

So does it have to be a skid steer plow ? i know the boss skid steer plow is 30" tall but i have a super duty plow i was going to make into a skid steer plow and its 29" tall... Next question is can it be adjusted to fix a 8'6" plow or does it have to be the 8 or 9 '

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

The SnowKage is welded solidly into an efficient snow moving tool. No moving parts, electronics or additional hydraulics - simple and tough!
    Polyurethane skids are standard (rubber is available for a less expensive replacement). Engineered for the SnowKage, they feature adjustability, and a cavity to prevent premature bolt wear.

SnowKage models are made for 6', 8', 9', and 10' plows; for machines starting at 5,000 lb.
    Half sizes can be special ordered.Bar Style and Hook Style are 2 different methods of attaching your SnowKage to your Blade.
    Hook style is for skidsteer applications.
    Bar Style is for tractor applications, and uses hydraulic functions

651-433-4628

10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

It would be cool if u could put the kage on a pickup boss plow using a mechanical locking system... Something to think about kage!

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

With the Kage weighing in at 433 pounds they would have to seriously lighten it up. Replacing the ram on the plow may do to lift it but I am not sure about the tower and frame holding up. wesport

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thats called a Blizzard speed wing.

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Or bolt on box wings.

14. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Does the plow Have to be trip edge

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Yes it does, a full trip would not be allowed.

16. Snow Picasso

Cool! Thanks Brian

17. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

Kage is over priced.

18. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why do you say that?