1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will the Fishstik turn on without a plow attached?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beatle78, Dec 6, 2008.

1. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Hi guys,

I cannot find any info like this on on Fisher's site.

I finished all the truck side stuff. I plug in the Fishstik and I try to turn it on but it does not come on.

There is 12V at the red accessory wire. There is NO voltage at the 7.5 A fuse attached to the #1 control harness.

My wife thinks that there is a safety mechanism that doesn't allow you to turn on the controller without a plow attached. It makes sense, but I also want to know all my components are working.

Thanks,
    beatle78

2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

the controller will not work unless the electrical connections on th front of the plow are hooked up hate to say it but your wife was right hook the plow up if everything works than great if not youve got other problems

3. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

hahaha, I don't mind being wrong. I just want the correct answers, thanks!

I don't have a plow yet to hook up, so I wanted to test everything before I went to buy one.

Thanks for the info!!!

4. loudredram

loudredram Member

Mine will turn on with out a plow hooked up

5. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

really? do you have a ISO module MM setup or the older relay MM system?

6. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Mine will not turn on without the truck side wiring hooked to the plow.

7. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Mine does not turn on unless the plow is hooked up. 2006 chevy 2500 with 8 ft mm2

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Mine doesn't work (light up) without the plow being plugged in.

9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Beatle,

Don't worry they aren't supposed to come on till they are hooked up to the headgear. You should be fine.

10. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

The older "headlamp relay" minute mount systems with 2 grille connectors would let the controller power up without the plow attached.

The 3 plug systems need the plow hooked on before the controller will power up.

11. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

ok, thanks. I was freaking out that something was wrong with my new setup....

guess I'll have to wait until I buy a plow before I test it out :(