1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will the buckeyes be @$$ deep in snow???

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Clapper&Company, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

What you guys think fo the big snow coming in?

:::: This Thread has been Made by Clapper for the Ohio Chife Weather guy JP :D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of CASH are my thoughts hopefully it is over 5 puts everyone in the next bracket LOL which equals more payup.

3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

yep 6" will make it a Double plow LOL

Just think of the drive way calls lol

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I think we will see some decent snow. The worst will start friday night-saturday though when the winds pick up. 10 inches of snow+50mph gusts=BIG DRIFTS, lol. Either way it will be fun and Im ready. I like the big snows. These poopy 2-4 inchers just arent any fun. With the big snows, the piles actually look like you have done some work there, lol

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Local station calling the storm of the season.

6. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Every thing I hear there saying its going to be like winter of 77 :D

Tom what was i saying about a storm of the year?? LOL

You think it will be wet or Fluffy?

7. Young Pup

That is all to funny Ron. Should we copy that e-mail into here from Skyeye?

Oh what the heck:

Wild World of Weather Update
    Winter Storm Update from Rich Apuzzo

Heavy Snow Likely

I want to start by welcoming the dozens of new subscribers from all over the Tri-State! You are the best, and I am so happy you signed up for the email. Make sure you forward this to other friends who may not know what I am doing these days…and they can sign-up for the emails here: http://www.mailermailer.com/x?oid=33255L In addition, I am
    starting a new severe weather alert service that will go out to thousands of people anytime there is severe weather…and it’s something no one else offers in the Midwest. It will be free to anyone who signs up, so I am looking for a forward-thinking company to sponsor the updates. You will get your name / brand and message directly out to thousands of people each week.

Okay, onto the monster storm coming our way. The morning models are in and we have a significant storm on the way…probably the largest snowstorm of the season for the Tri-State! While there is still some time to watch this storm, and one more model run before it hits, now is the time to take action and to be prepared.

Snow will develop by daybreak tomorrow, with the snow increasing in coverage and intensity during the morning hours. Not everyone will get snow, however, and I expect areas to the east of Cincinnati to get rain, freezing rain or a rain/snow mix during the morning hours, but it will not last before changing to all snow. There are some model differences on the timing of the change and how much of a mix there will be, but for now, I am expecting some mixed precipitation in Brown, Adams, Highland, Bracken, Mason and Lewis Counties, changing to all snow in those areas by afternoon. I must add here that it is possible for there to be more snow than rain to the east, so don’t relax thinking that you won’t have much snow. In fact, areas just east of Cincinnati may get the HEAVIEST snow from this storm.

Light to moderate snow will continue across the area through Friday afternoon and early evening, with 2 to 5 inches across the Tri-State by evening (I have a map showing the snow totals linked at the bottom of this email). That may not sound like much, but this storm will be unique in another way because it will be a two-part system with the worst coming Friday night and early Saturday. Snow will increase Friday night and become heavy at times, especially from Cincinnati to Columbus and eastward (along and east of I71). During that time, another 3 to 8 inches is possible, with storm totals from 5 to 10 inches across the Tri-State area. Most will not see 10 inches, but everyone will get 4 or 5 inches, and isolated locations may get nearly a foot of snow! I will have the latest on the Weather Rush tonight at 7 PM...when the storm will be less than 12 hours away!

Remember that you can get my latest detailed forecast in the nation’s first and only “live”, nightly, internet weathercast called the Weather Rush. Just point your computer browser to www.weatherrush.com every Monday through Friday. And you can show your weather pride with t-shirts, golf shirts, coffee mugs and more by getting your own Skyeye Weather Gear at: http://www.cafepress.com/05132003122107

My snowfall forecast map:

http://www.skyeyeweather.com/Gx/TSS.png

8. Young Pup

Wet snow to start. Then it should become a dry snow.

9. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

It's 700 miles away and I'm down to 2 ton of salt:blush2:

Bring it on!:nod:

10. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I got 10 Ton left LOL

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Thanks JP, as it gets colder and the wind picks up it should dry out

12. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

I had a nursing home call today wanting to buy some:blush2:.....................salt LOL

13. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

not to bash but it looks to me like you guys will only get about 3-5 statewide out of this one. think they are blowing it a little out of whack on this one. we'll see though! good luck glad you are getting it and not me!

14. Young Pup

Yes Ron but it will be snowing hard too. Everything I post here comes from Skyeyeweather.com. It is a great site with loads of information. Kudos to Rich A over there who is the owner and CHIEF METEROLOGIST.

I just saw one map that shows us in the 12 foot plus range here. The guy that posted this really knows his stuff as well. But is not a meterologist. Neither am I by the way.

15. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

we know that jp lol

whats up with the disclaimer

16. Young Pup

If this things busts, I don't want any of you fellow plowers to come down and knock me off. rofl

17. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

ill take the light stuff

18. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL Were going to be gunning for you JP ROFLMAO

19. Young Pup

Ok I quoted you just in case something happens to me. We now have a record of it. lol

20. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, this storm poops out, next thing you know JP wakes up to all of us in our plow trucks wanting to ringhis neck, LOL JK JP:jester::waving: Personally, as from the Feb14th 07 storm, I think they could be undershooting it by a few inches. But who knows? What time are we looking for the snowfall to arrive and start??