1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will the 21792(K) V to straight blade adapter work on a 2 plug (relay) setup?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Jul 23, 2013.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Have a buddy with an older Chevy lot truck that has 2 plug wiring, and is set up for a V. He wants to trade the V to me for a straight blade, but is hoping he can keep all of his existing wiring (I know he'll need a straight blade controller). Would this adapter work, or for some reason does it only work on the 3 plug setups?

If it doesn't work, is there any shortcut or would he basically just need to completely rewire (and at that point, probably better to just do a 3 plug)?

Thanks! Jeff

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I don't know if the adapter will work, but just switch the wiring between you and your buddy.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

@ Durafish - I have a 3 plug (straight blade) setup on my truck, and have the proper V control harness to swap in (need to get the plow side harness to convert it to 3 plugs). He would prefer not to do anything with his wiring if possible.

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

5. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

You came to buy the lights yesterday, right?
    i have no clue about that adapter.
    Ok so if im understanding this right what you want to do it convert his 2 plug v plow into a 3 plug v plow? So right now you basically have your truck setup for a fisher mm2 3 plug v plow. Inside the cab there is a big round plug, correct?. What you will need for his plow to work on you truck is get a control harness (plow side) and 3 plug lights (the ones i sold you). That would be the most correct way of doing things, then you would need an adapter if you want to run 3 plug straight blades.
    Now you will be giving him a 3 plug plow in return for his 2 plug plow. He will need a lot of wiring for this to work. i would just upgrade to 3 plug its not too expensive and newer.

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Yes. I know what I need to do for my truck & plow, so you can ignore me :)

His truck is currently a 2 plug V setup
    He wants to run a 2 plug straight blade (only)

It is a lot truck and he doesn't want to spend the time or money to convert to 3 plugs, nor trying to find an unmolested 2 plug straight setup to swap in place of the V setup. I'm not familiar enough with the older relay style 2 plug setups to know for sure whether it will work with just the adapter and a straight blade controller, and would hate for one of us to drive 2 hrs highway roundtrip with a plow on to find it doesn't.

ArcBurn implied what we are trying to do would work on an older thread, just PM'd him and hopefully either he, or someone else who has done this, can confirm.

7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

It will work.

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Good to hear. We never got to try as he decided to sell the truck.