1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will snowblowers damage concrete coatings??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by integrityman, Oct 22, 2010.

1. integrityman

integrityman Member

I recently gave a quote to a homeowner for snow removal. After giving her the quote she tells me the entry sidewalk and concrete driveway apron has to be HAND shoveled. (The rest of the drive is gravel.) I said sure, no problems, I use snowblowers for that sort of thing. She repeated herself and said I had to HAND shovel because snowblowers will damage or scratch the seal coating.

Whatttttt? :confused::confused::confused:

I explained to her that my toro single stage would work well on this application even better that a shovel as the shovel has a steel edge and the snowblower uses a rubber paddle.

Anyone ever heard this kinda thing before?
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I've had that kind of request before. Time to buy a plastic shovel.
  3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

If it's stamped concrete, use a plastic shovel. It it's regular concrete educate her that your snow blower will be just fine.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If you using a single stage with rubber paddles, you will have no problems.
  5. integrityman

integrityman Member

I hate shoveling. Period!!! Ill clean off the front stoop and steps, but thats it! Im not getting any younger. If I cant snow blow Ive decided its too much a pain in the ass. As to a plastic shovel, pshaw. The accounts not worth it for that kind of trouble.