1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will Snow Dogg make a 11' expandable plow?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by hlntoiz, Mar 1, 2011.

1. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

I was curious, who thinks Snow Dogg will eventually come out with a power plow comparable to the Blizzard 8611LP?

As of right now I would be happy to switch brands to get away from DD. But he production of the LP is just to beneficial.

What are some of your thoughts on this. I am also curious to know how people like the current power plow that Snow Dogg Makes?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I dont think you will see one anytime soon. There current design is not even as productive as DD wideout, xls or 810. IMO

3. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

It takes time to get it to market. I for one am tired of DD and would love to look into another brand, Just don't want to sacrifice production.

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

The market for a plow that adds that much wieght to the front is limited. Plus as 11ft scoop plow would need a pretty big truck to push that much snow. Trannys take a lot more abuse and a lot of traction is needed. Just think its a limited market.

5. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Well I believe the xp810 is just as productive as a wideout or xls. Also way more cost efficient. All three are very similar plows.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Dont know about expandable but you may see some larger highway plows with a dog on em soon....

7. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Have you ever heard of the Blizzard 8611's? IMO they are the most productive plows out there. My 3500 handles the LP version just fine.

There needs to be some competition to Blizzards plow. I like being 11' 3" wide in my parking lots. Plus the plows covers the duallies on my truck much better.

8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I'd be with you Matt if they made a 8611. I run the same version on my ram 2500HD and have been thinking of upgrading the truck to a 3500HD SRW cummins, I hope there is a mount that fits the old plow to new body styles. My GM 2500 runs a 810 so interchangeability is key. More so that I can run the 810 on the dodge or jockey the plows around with either truck.

9. npi9181

npi9181 Member

Burkartsplow how can the xp not be as productive it is a full10 ft in scoop mode and not 8'9" like the blizzard and is a little faster working I have run both plows and would never got white agian

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I would love to see big changes with blades as technology increases. Nothing much has happened in 10 years, the next Blizzard type of change needs to come. I would love to see other companies coming out with 8611lp like plows.

11. npi9181

npi9181 Member

I had several customers ask about a expandable v plow could be interesting idea

12. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Won't work...to many moving parts:popcorn::whistling:

I would buy one in a heart beat! Who will be the first???? Hopefully not DD

13. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

In my opinion the manufacturers need to work on getting them a little lighter without sacrificing durability, I think the fisher xls is comparable in weight to the fisher 9ft MC series plow (not 100% sure), in the 8ft position on a truck that would normaly have a 9 ft or 10ft plow, the 8 ft position would probably not even cover the width of the truck. On my one ton mason dump I sure would not want anything narrower than a 9, I know a one ton could handle it but let's face it anyone plowing long enough will tell you a normal 9fter will eat the front end up over time (no matter gm,ford or mopar), now put a heavier plow on and it will eat them up even quicker, they should partner up with carquest and sell a extra set of ball joints, wheel bearings and tie rod ends with the expandable plows on the market. I think the plows are a great idea and increase productivity which means more income for us however if the extra coin has to go back into the vehicle for ware and tear because it is harder on the trucks ? Who knows? I believe the manufactures heads are in the right place but they all have a little more to do in my eyes to ensure the trucks stay productive

14. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Replacing u joints is becoming a yearly thing on any plow truck so if my plows make me another 20% a year for that extra weight I will be glad to replace the Ujoints. Right now I just want to see some real competition for DD. I love being 11' 3" wide in a parking lot. My truck has plenty of nut behind it to push it.